Pwll Primary School PDG Statement 20223-24
The Pupil Deprivation Grant (PDG) is allocated to schools with pupils who come from low-income families and are currently known to be eligible for free school meals (e-FSM) and pupils who have been looked after continuously for more than six months (LAC).
Schools are expected to make the best use of this funding to implement sustainable strategies that will quickly bring about changes for learners eligible for free school meals or who are LAC.
As a school we have agreed the following three steps:
- to identify the target group of pupils, its characteristics and needs
- to plan interventions which make the most effective use of resources
- to monitor and evaluate the impact of resources
In 2023/24 Pwll Primary School was provided with a PDG allocation of £28,750.00, and Early Years Pupils deprivation grant of £10,350.00.
At Pwll Primary School we have a comprehensive plan, agreed and monitored by Carmarthenshire Local Authority, to promote progress and remove barriers to learning for students eligible for this funding.
We have used the funding available for -
- HLTA to provide literacy support and interventions for target pupils
- HLTA to continue to receive supervision as the school ELSA
- HLTA to provide Positive Play, Talkabout, Lego Therapy interventions, including the use of assessments, diagnostic work, programme planning, evaluation – for target pupils
- HLTA to support pupils in junior classes to implement numeracy programme programmes for target pupils
- HLTA to implement P4C programme through the school exploring issues such as diversity, race, disability, equality, etc.
- HLTA to implement support programmes for digital safety and awareness online
- Additional support in N/R for vulnerable and EFSM pupils, to support with emotional regulation, eating, parallel play, toilet training, and provide support for vulnerable pupils with challenging behaviour